Thursday, June 21, 2012

When I was a little girl, I would write stories about other countries; I would dream of traveling the world at a young age. It was in 1994 that I knew I needed to go on a missions trip to Europe. I left for Warsaw, Poland in June 1995. I was there for almost a month serving alongside Youth with a Mission.  One late afternoon in Belarus, I was in my room praying and knew God was calling me to "Go" and serve as a missionary the rest of my life. It was my first experience on the mission field and not my last. I have been on an adventure since He called me to step out. I've made many trips to Haiti over the past 17 years, traveled to Northern Ireland, and Guatemala on short term trips, and lived in Latvia, Japan, and England. Since 2005, I have been working at Timberline Church as well as leading worship; I cannot express how much I love my church and this job. It has prepared me for what is to come and I'm so thankful to Him that I have had the opportunity to work for such amazing pastors and leaders. 


The past few years I have been feeling Him leading me to "Go" again, but didn't know when or how it would happen. I felt last October 2011 that He wanted me to step out and Go. A door recently opened for me to work at Convoy of Hope in Brussels, Belgium; CEO Michael McNamee. Convoy of Hope is a non-profit organization whose goal is to "provide help and hope to people in need in Europe and all over the world through their Adopt a Community programs, community outreaches, disaster response and other compassion initiatives." I will be moving to Europe this fall to help the Brussels office as well as other things. I am hoping to be a part of a church in Brussels, and if God opens the door for worship, I'll walk through it. 


I'm so thankful to be a part of an amazing organization, Convoy of Hope. This has been a dream of mine to be a part of something like this; I never thought It would happen now. Please be praying for me as I step out and take this next step. 


If you are interested in becoming a monthly supporter, please comment below. I would love to talk with you.


Please follow me at this blog-site. I will be regularly updating my happenings.


Love,
Jenny


www.convoyofhope.eu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment